Some Lesser Known Facts About Atal Bihari Vajpayee
|Real Name||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 76 kg
in Pounds- 168 lbs
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Age (as in 2016)||93 Years|
|Date of Birth||25 December 1924|
|Birth Place||Gwalior State, British India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Family||Father- Krishna Bihari Vajpayee (poet and school master)
Mother- Krishna Devi
Brothers- Avadh Bihari Vajpayee, Prem Bihari Vajpayee, Suda Bihari Vajpayee
Sisters- Urmila Mishra, Vimala Mishra, Kamala Devi
|Address||6-A, Krishna Menon Marg, New Delhi – 110011|
|Educational Qualifications||Graduation with distinction in Hindi, English and Sanskrit from Gwalior's Victoria College (now Laxmi Bai College)
M.A. in Political Science from Dayanand Anglo-Vedic College, Kanpur
|College||Victoria College (now Laxmi Bai College), Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India
Dayanand Anglo-Vedic (DAV) College, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
|School||Government Higher secondary school, Gorkhi, Bara, Gwalior|
|Awards/Achievement||• Awarded with Padma Vibhushan in 1992.
• Given Best Parliamentarian Award in 1994.
• Awarded with Bharat Ratna in 2015.
|Political Journey||• In August 1942, he participated in the Quit India Movement.
• In 1951, he joined Bharatiya Jana Sangh (a newly formed Hindu right-wing political party) and was appointed its National Secretary of the northern region.
• In 1957, he contested Lok Sabha election from Mathura in Uttar Pradesh and lost to Raja Mahendra Pratap.
• In 1957, he was elected to the Lok Sabha for the first time from Balrampur in Uttar Pradesh.
• In 1968, he became the National President of Jana Sangh.
• From 1975 to 1977, he was arrested along with other leaders during the Internal Emergency imposed by the then Prime Minister of India Indira Gandhi.
• In 1977, he became the External Affairs Minister in Morarji Desai's Cabinet.
• In 1980, he formed Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) along with his colleagues and became its first National President.
• On 16 May 1996, he became the 10th Prime Minister of India.
• From 19 March 1998 to 22 May 2004, he again served as the Prime Minister of India.
|Debut||In August 1942, when he participated in the Quit India Movement.|
|Hobbies||Doing Poetry, Cooking, Listening to Indian Music, Reading, Travelling|
|Controversies||He was criticized to incite the public for the demolition of Babri Masjid in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh.|
|Favourite Leaders||Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (Mahatma Gandhi), Jawaharlal Nehru|
|Favourite Authors||Sharat Chandra and Prem Chand|
|Favourite Playback Singers||Lata Mangeshkar, Mukesh and S.D. Burman|
|Favourite Musician||Sachin Dev Burman|
|Favourite Songs||"O mere majhi'', "sun mere bandhu re" by S.D. Burman and "Kabhi, Kabhi mere dil mein'' by Mukesh and Lata|
|Favourite Classical Artists||Bhim Sen Joshi, Amjad Ali Khan and Hari Prasad Chaurasia|
|Favourite Films||Bollywood- Devdas (1955), Bandini, Teesri Kasam, Mausam (1975), Mamta and Aandhi
Hollywood- Bridge Over the River Kwai, Born Free and Gandhi
|Favourite Actors||Sanjeev Kumar, Dilip Kumar, Suchitra Sen, Rakhee and Nutan|
|Favourite Politician||Shyama Prasad Mookerjee|
|Favourite Food||Chinese cuisines, Prawns, Mungode, Gajar Ka Halwa, Alwar milk cake, Khichdi, Poori-Kachori, Dahi-Pakori, Pantha, Kheer, Malpua, Kachauri and Mangouri|
|Favourite Poets||Harivansh Rai Bachchan, Ramnath Awasthi, Dr. Shiv Mangal Singh Suman, Surya Kanth Tripathi 'Nirala', Bal Krishna Sharma Naveen, Jagannath Prasad Milind and Faiz Ahmed Faiz|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children|| Son- N/A
Daughter- Namita Bhattacharya (Foster)
|Net Worth (approx.)||$3 Million|
- Did Atal Bihari Vajpayee smoke?: Yes
- Did Atal Bihari Vajpayee drink liquor?: Yes
- He was conceived upon the arrival of Christmas in the Gwalior State of British India.
- His hereditary town is-Bateshwar in the Agra region of Uttar Pradesh and his granddad, Pandit Shyam Lal Vajpayee, had moved to Morena in Madhya Pradesh from Bateshwar.
- He was granted a first class Post Graduate degree in Political Science from DAV College in Kanpur.
- He began his activism with the Arya Kumar Sabha of Gwalior.
- Having impacted by Babasaheb Apte, he joined the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) in 1939 and turned into its all day specialist (in fact a Pracharak) in 1947. atal-in-rss
- Before joining the RSS, Atal was impacted with the idea of socialism.
- He imparted the lodging to his dad at the DAV College, Kanpur while considering Law.
- He needed to surrender his Law thinks about because of the parcel riots.
- He was sent to Uttar Pradesh as a Vistarak (Probationary Pracharak) and began working for Deendayal Upadhyaya’s daily papers Panchjanya (a Hindi week by week), Rashtradharma (a Hindi month to month) and the dailies Veer Arjun and Swadesh. atal-bihari-vajpayee-with-daily paper
- In 1942, he was captured for 23 days alongside his senior sibling Prem for taking an interest in Quit India Movement and was discharged on the condition (in composed) that he could never partake in any hostile to British battle.
- He turned into a vigorous devotee and help to Shyama Prasad Mukherjee (author of Bhartiya Jana Sangh and in 1953, he went on a quick unto-passing alongside Shyama Prasad Mukherjee in Kashmir to challenge the methodology of conveying an allow to visit Kashmir. Mukherjee passed on amid the challenge which smashed the youthful Vajpayee. shyama-prasad-mukherjee
- In 1957, Atal was chosen to Lok Sabha in the second General Elections out of the blue from the Balrampur voting demographic in Uttar Pradesh. atal-bihari-vajpayee-in-a-rally
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee is known for his addresses world over and in 1957, in his lady discourse in the Lok Sabha, he earned trees from numerous veteran parliamentarians including the then Prime Minister of India– Jawaharlal Nehru who anticipated about him-One day this young fellow would turn into the Prime Minister of India.
- In 1977, 30 years of Congress manage was finished and another administration was shaped at the middle. In this new government, Atal Bihari turned into the External Affairs Minister and in April 1977, when he entered his office in the South Block, he found the picture of Jawaharlal Nehru was absent and afterward he said to the staff introduce there-I need it back.
- In 1977, Atal Bihari Vajpayee turned into the main individual to address the United Nations in Hindi.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee has been considered as a standout amongst the best External Affairs Ministers of India and amid his residency as the External Affairs Minister, he accomplished various honors and did some imperative transactions. The then US President– Jimmy Carter additionally made a visit to India in 1978 when Atal Bihari was the External Affairs Minister of India. atal-bihari-vajpayee-with-us-president-jimmy-carter
- On 16 May 1996, he turned into the tenth Prime Minister of India and that too for just 13 days, at that point for 13 months in 1998 and again for an entire 5-year term in 1999. He is the main non-Congress Prime Minister of India to have served the legislature for an entire 5-year term. atal-bihari-vajpayee-in-PM office
- On 13 May 1998, he place India in the class of the World’s tip top atomic club after the effective atomic test in Pokhran, Rajasthan named-Operation Shakti. atal-bihari-vajpayee-at-pokhran-test
- On 19 February 1999, he took a transport trip to Lahore in Pakistan keeping in mind the end goal to fabricate solid relations with Pakistan. atal-bihari-vajpayee-transport travel to-lahore
- In 2001, he experienced a knee-substitution surgery at the Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai and in 2009, he endured a stroke which weakened his discourse. atal-bihari-vajpayee-disintegrated wellbeing
- He is by a long shot the main parliamentarian who has been chosen from 4 unique states-Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Delhi and Gujarat.
- He is considered as one of the finest artists of India and has composed various moving lyrics. atal-bihari-lyrics accumulation meri-ekyawan-kavitayein
- He remained a Member of Parliament for a long time (2 times from Rajya Sabha and 11 times from Lok Sabha).