Some Lesser Known Facts About Ben Stokes
|Nickname||Stokesy, The Hurt Locker, Rocky|
|Real Name||Benjamin Andrew Stokes|
|Profession||England Cricketer (All-rounder)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 42 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 176 lbs
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 0”
|Career Turning Point||2013-14 Ashes series in Australia.|
|Jersey Number||#67 (England )
#55 (IPL, County Cricket)
|Nature on field||Aggressive
|Likes to play against||Australia|
|Favourite Shot||Pull shot|
|Records (main ones)||• Record for the fastest century by an England batsman (85 balls) against New Zealand in the 1st Test at Lord's in 2015.
• Record for the fastest century by an England batsman and second fastest in the world (163 balls) against South Africa in Cape Town in 2015.
• Holds the joint record with Peter Parfitt for the most Test tons by England left-handers from 6 to 11 position.
• 9th ever England cricketer to hit more than 3 centuries and take more than 40 wickets in Tests.
• He and Jonny Bairstow holds the highest 6th wicket stand of 399 runs in a Test match against South Africa.
|Domestic/State Team||New Zealand, Durham, England, England Lions, England XI, Melbourne Renegades|
|International Debut||Test- 5 December 2013 vs Australia against Adelaide
ODI- 25 August 2011 vs Ireland against Dublin
T20- 23 September 2011 vs West Indies against London
|Age (as in 2017)||26 Years|
|Date of Birth||4 June 1991|
|Birth Place||Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand|
|Family||Father- Gerard Stokes
Mother- Deborah Stokes
Ben Stokes with his parents
Brother- Not Known
Sisters- Not Known
|Hobbies||Listening to music, driving|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Controversies||During an ODI match against Australia in 2015, Ben Stokes became the 6th batsman, and 1st England player, to be given out obstructing the field.|
|Favourite Cricketers||Batsman: Kevin Pietersen
Bowler: Dale Steyn
|Girls, Family & More|
|Children|| Daughter- N/A
Sons- Layton and 1 more
|Net Worth||$15 million|
|Salary (as in 2016)||Retainer Fee: £800,000
Test Fee: £15,000
ODI Fee: £8,000
T20 Fee: £3,500
- Does Ben Stokes smoke?: No
- Does Ben Stokes drink liquor?: Yes
- Feeds is a New Zealander by inception.
- His family relocated from New Zealand to northern England f in 2003, when he was 12 years of age.
- He made a sensation in 2015 by hitting the second quickest Test century (163 balls) against South Africa in Cape Town, speediest was by Nathan Astle (153 balls).
- His dad Gerald was a rugby alliance player and mentor who spoke to New Zealand in universal Rugby Leagues.
- His mom Deborah was a prestigious cricketer in New Zealand.
- His folks resettled in New Zealand in 2013, while he lives in England.
- He had a forgettable year 2014 as he scored 0, 5, 5, 4, 0, 4, 0, 0, ,0 keeps running in 10 Test innings.
- He gets a kick out of the chance to have tattoos. A motivational tattoo to his left side arm peruses, “Being as well as can be expected be is just conceivable on the off chance that you want to be a champion and your dread of disappointment is non-existent.” Another tattoo on his correct lower arm is a picture of a phoenix. Ben Stokes tattoos
- In 2017, he turned into the most generously compensated abroad player in the IPL closeout with the whooping measure of INR 14.5 crore ($2.16 million) by Rising Pune Supergiants.