Some Lesser Known Facts About Imran Tahir
|Real Name||Mohammad Imran Tahir|
|Profession||South African Cricketer (Bowler)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 38 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 67 kg
in Pounds- 148 lbs
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Jersey Number||#99 (Australia)
#999 (Rising Pune Supergiants)
|International Debut||Test- 9 November 2011 vs Australia in Cape Town
ODI- 24 February 2011 vs West Indies in Delhi
T20- 2 August 2013 vs Sri Lanka in Colombo
|Domestic/State Team||Lahore, Water & Power Development Authority, Sui Northern Gas, Sialkot, Middlesex, Staffordshire, Lahore Lions, Yorkshire, Titans, Hampshire, Dolphins, Warwickshire, Highveld Lions, Delhi Daredevils, Nottinghamshire, Rising Pune Supergiants|
|Career Turning Point||Consistency with the ball in the first-class format got him a call up from the South African national team.|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm leg break googly|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Records (main ones)||• Tahir holds the record of being the first South African bowler to take seven wickets in an ODI.
• He is the fastest South African bowler to take 100 ODI wickets. The record got linked to his name in just 58 matches.
• Imran Tahir was the highest wicket-taker at the 2014 T20 World Cup, taking 12 wickets.
• He holds the record for representing the most number of teams in the world, 27.
• As of March 2017, he holds the record of the most economical figures by a South African spinner in an ODI, taking two wickets for 14 runs from 10 overs against New Zealand.
|Age (as in 2017)||38 Years|
|Date of Birth||27 March 1979|
|Birth Place||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Family||Father- Ramzan Tahir
Mother- Atiya Tahir
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Favourite Destination||Mumbai, Cornwall, Cape Town|
|Favourite Cricketer||Jacques Kallis|
|Girls, Family & More|
- Does Imran Tahir smoke: Not Known
- Does Imran Tahir drink liquor: Not Known
- Tahir was conceived in Lahore, Pakistan and figured out how to play cricket there while he grew up.
- To help his family fiscally, he began working at a Lahore’s ‘Pace shopping center’ as a sales representative at a young age of 16.
- His life began to bring a bend with his determination amid trials to speak to the Pakistan U-19 cricket group, which in the long run advanced onto the Pakistan A side on a few visits.
- Because of the nearness of various turn bowlers sitting tight to play for Pakistan, he couldn’t make it to the national level.
- He at that point moved to England and started playing region cricket there, however did not proceed for long.
- Tahir at long last moved to South Africa, where he played local cricket for around five years and lived hand-to-mouth for the initial two years.
- In 2014, Delhi Daredevils lifted Tahir up for the season as a substitution of Nathan Coulter-Nile.
- He is known to keep running with his arms outstretched after each wicket, regardless of whether it is after an audit.
- Regardless of the way that no group got him in the IPL Auction 2017, he got an opportunity to play for Rising Pune Supergiants set up of harmed Mitchell Marsh.