Some Lesser Known Facts About Misbah-Ul-Haq
|Real Name||Misbah-ul-Haq Khan Niazi|
|Profession||Pakistani Cricketer (Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 42 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 176 lbs
|Height||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
|Jersey Number||#22 (Pakistan)|
|Coach/Mentor||Tahir Shah (Resides in Lahore)|
|International Debut||Test- 8 March 2001 vs New Zealand in Auckland
ODI- 27 April 2002 vs New Zealand in Lahore
T20- 2 September 2007 vs Bangladesh in Nairobi
|Domestic/State Teams||Kandurata Warriors, St Lucia Zouks, Faisalabad Wolves, Barbados Tridents, Rangpur Riders, Islamabad United|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm legbreak|
|Nature on field||Calm|
|Career Turning Point||Although making his international debut back in 2001, his breakthrough came when he was selected for ICC World T20 in 2007. Misbah played a brilliant Knock in the finals, however, his team eventually lost by 5 runs.|
|Likes to play against||India
|Records/Achievements (main ones)||• Misbah holds the record of getting the fastest 50 in Test Cricket. It took only 21 balls for him to make the record against Australia in Abu Dhabi.
• Misbah was the leading run-scorer with a mammoth 1373 runs in ODI's in the year 2013. Additionally, he has the most ODI fifties (15) to his name in the same year.
• He also has the most half-centuries without making an ODI century to his name.
• As of 10 December 2016, Misbah is Pakistan's most successful captain with 23 wins. Furthermore, he holds the accolade of most Test centuries by a Pakistani Test captain.
• Misbah shared the record of the fastest test century (56 balls) with Sir Vivian Richards, which was later broken by former New Zealand skipper Brendon McCullum.
• He is the first batsman to make a Test hundred after the age of 41 since Geoffrey Boycott in 1981.
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Favourite Shot||Not Known|
|Age (as in 2017)||43 Years|
|Date of Birth||28 May 1974|
|Birth Place||Mianwali, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Mianwali, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Family||Father- Not Known
Mother- Balqees Khan Niazi
Misbah Ul Haq mother Balqees Khan Niazi
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|College/University||University of Management and Technology, Lahore, Punjab|
|Hobbies||Playing Football, Listening to music|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Wife||Uzma Khan (Painter)|
|Children||Daughter- Noriza Khan
- Does Misbah-Ul-Haq smoke: Not Known
- Does Misbah-Ul-Haq drink liquor: Not Known
- Misbah is the main cousin of previous Pakistani skipper turned-government official, Imran Khan.
- Misbah influenced his top notch to make a big appearance at 24 years old in 1998. In spite of the fact that he made his worldwide introduction in 2001, he could just discover achievement 6 years after the fact at the T20 world container, where he turned into Pakistan’s driving run-getter.
- He is the main commander to whitewash a side out of Pakistan in a Test arrangement; he drove his group to a 3-0 prevail upon England in UAE in 2011/12 arrangement.
- Misbah is the primary chief from South Asia to beat South Africa at their home-soil.
- Additionally, he is just the second chief from Pakistan to win the Asia Cup (2012).
- From 2010-2015, Misbah scored 2,878 keeps running in 36 matches at a huge normal of 58.73 as a Test chief. He has outscored any semblance of Imran Khan, Inzamam-ul-Haq, and JavedMiandad in this regard.
- Misbah is likewise the chief of the Islamabad United in Pakistan Super League (PSL), a class like the IPL and the Big Bash. Under his captaincy, Islamabad United won the inaugural release of PSL in 2016.
- A Philanthropist on a basic level, Misbah once raised assets for the treatment of a 16-year-old fan who had an opening in his heart. For this reason, he unloaded his bat and shirt.