Some unknown facts about Virender Sehwag
|Nickname||Viru, Nawab of Najafgarh, Sultan of Multan|
|Real Name||Virender Sehwag|
|Profession||International Cricketer (Plays for India)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height in meters||1.70 m|
|Height in cm||170 cm|
|Height in Feet Inches||5 Feet 7 Inches (5' 7")|
|Weight in Kg||63 Kgs|
|Weight in Pounds||138 lbs|
|International Debut||ODI- 1 April 1999 against Pakistan
Test- 3 November 2001 against South Africa
T20- 1 December 2006 against South Africa
|Jersey Number||#5 (IPL, Kolkata Knight Riders)
|Records (main ones)||1. He holds the record of highest score by any Indian player in an innings in Test Cricket, he scored 319 against South Africa in 2008.
2. He holds the record of hitting fastest triple century in Test Cricket (278 balls)
3. He became the first Indian player to hit triple-century in Test Cricket. He played an amazing innings of 309 runs in 2004 against Pakistan in Multan, that is from where his nickname came- "Sultan of Multan".
4. He became the fastest century scorer from India in 2009 (60 balls)
|IPL Team||Kings XI Punjab|
|Controversies||- It has been noticed that there is a sort of cold war between Virender Sehwag & M.S. Dhoni
- Sehwag bashed at the Sri Lankan bowler Randiv in 2010 match when Sehwag was batting on 99 and only 1 run was required to win the game, Randiv bowled a no ball of which Sehwag smashed a six but the six was not counted as the extra run ended the match, Sehwag was not knowing this rule so he celebrated his century but later he got to know that the six was not counted and Sehwag was left on 99*, Sehwag said that Randiv deliberately bowled that no ball as his foot was way outside the crease, he said that it is against the sporting spirit and such things should not happen.
|Nature on field||Calm but aggressive batting style|
|Favourite shots||Square cut|
|Age (as in 2014)||36 Years|
|Date of Birth||20 October 1978|
|Birth Place||Haryana, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||His family hails from Haryana but he is settled in New Delhi|
|Address||14/5, Laxmi Garden, Najafgarh, New Delhi, India|
|School||Arora Vidya School, Delhi|
|College||Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi|
|Family|| Father- Krishan Sehwag (grain merchant)
Mother- Krishna Sehwag (housewife)
Sister- Manju & Anju (elder) (Anju is a politician from Congress party)
Brother- Vinod (younger)
|Coach/Mentor||AN Sharma (coach at Vikaspuri cricket coaching centre)|
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes- to chat, he is a talkative person
Dislikes- staying quiet
|Hobbies||listening to old hindi songs of Kishor Kumar, Mohammed Rafi & lata Mangeshkar.|
|Favourite Movie||Not Known|
|Favourite Player||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favourite Colour||Not Known|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Children||2 Sons- Aryavir & Vedant
|Cars collection||Bentley Continental Flying Spur, BMW 5 Series|
|Salary||Rs 25 Lakh per annum (Retainership Fees)
Rs 7 lakh (per test match)
Rs 4 lakh (per one day match)
Rs 2 lakh (per T20 match)
|Price in IPL Auction (2015)||4 Crores INR = 507417 USD|
|Net Worth||$50 Million|
- Does VirenderSehwag smoke?: No
- Does VirenderSehwag drink liquor?: Yes
- Amid his preparation days in Delhi, he used to go to Firoz Shah Kotla stadium on Bajaj Chetak bike.
- In his introduction test coordinate, a match boycott was given to him in light of the fact that for inordinate engaging.
- He simply cherishes to eat “Kheer.”
- He is the main Indian player and third on the planet to score 2 triple hundreds of years in Test matches.
- He holds the record to make the speediest triple century in Test cricket.
- He made a greater number of hundreds of years than half hundreds of years in Test cricket.
- He finished his triple century in Multan, 2004 by hitting six, he was excessively overcome, making it impossible.
- In World Cup 2011, he crushed 4 of first ball in 5 matches. (Just cricketer to do as such in World Cup).
- He thinks hitting limit on first ball! Or maybe then settling around guarding, he has confidence in whipping the certainty of the bowler by hitting limit of the primary ball.
- He has his own particular life experience school and games foundation in Jhajjar, Haryana (edges of Gurgaon) named “Sehwag International School”.
- He has experienced hair transplant as he got uncovered.