some Lesser Known Facts About Sachin Tendulkar
|Nickname||Master Blaster, God of Cricket and Little Master|
|Real Name||Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar|
|Profession||Former Indian Cricketer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 62 kg
in Pounds- 137 lbs
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 39 Inches
- Waist: 30 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Jersey Number||#10 (India)
#10 (IPL, Mumbai Indians)
|International Debut||ODI- 18 December 1989 against Pakistan at Gujranwala
Test- 15 November 1989 against Pakistan at Karachi
T20 - 1 December 2006 against South Africa in Johannesburg
|Domestic/State Team||Mumbai, Mumbai Indians, Yorkshire
|Likes to play against||Pakistan and Australia
|Favourite Shot||Straight drive|
|Nature on field||Cool
|Career Turning Point||In 1989, his first Test fifty in his 2nd Test match against tough bowling attack of Pakistan in Faisalabad|
|Records (main ones)||• He made 1,894 ODI runs in 1998, which is a record for most ODI runs by any batsman in a calendar year.
• Most number of Test runs - 15,921
• Most number of ODI runs - 18,426
• Most number of Tests played - 200
• Most number of ODIs played - 463
• First batsman to score a double hundred in ODIs
• Only batsman to have scored 100 international centuries
• Most number of Test centuries - 51
• Most number of ODI tons - 49
• Most ODI half centuries - 96
• Most number of runs (2,278) in World Cup history
• Most World Cup appearances (6 editions)
• Most number of centuries in World Cup history
• Most fifties in Tests - 68
• Fastest to 10,000 runs in Tests (195 innings - along with Brian Lara (WI) and Kumar Sangakkara (SL))
• Most runs in a single edition of World Cup (673 runs in 2003
• Most ODI hundreds in a calendar year (9 in 1998)
|Age (as in 2017)||44 Years|
|Date of Birth||24 April 1973|
|Birth Place||Nirmal Nursing Home in Dadar, Bombay (Now Mumbai), Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Family|| Father- Late Ramesh Tendulkar (Novelist)
Mother- Rajni Tendulkar (Worked as an Insurance Agent)
Brothers- Nitin Tendulkar (Elder, Half-Brother), Ajit Tendulkar (Elder, Half-Brother)
Sisters- Savita Tendulkar (Elder, Half-Sister)
|Address||19-A, Perry Cross Road, Bandra (West), Mumbai|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Indian Education Society's New English School in Bandra (East), Mumbai
Shardashram Vidyamandir School, Dadar, Mumbai
|College||Khalsa College, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Collecting perfume, watches & CD's, and listening music|
|Controversies||• In 1999, Shoaib Akhtar of Pakistan collided with him during a Test match in Kolkata, resulting in his being ruled run out by the third umpire.
• In 2001, he was suspended for one Test match by referee Mike Denness for not informing umpires that he was cleaning the seam of the ball during the Port Elizabeth Test against South Africa.
|Favourite Cricketers|| Batsmen : Sunil Gavaskar, Sir Vivian Richards
Bowlers : Wasim Akram, Anil Kumble, Shane Warne, Muttiah Muralitharan, Glenn McGrath, Curtly Ambrose
|Favourite Cricket Grounds||Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) & Wankhede Stadium Mumbai|
|Favourite Food||Bombay Duck, Prawn Curry, Crab masala, Keema Paratha, Lassi, Chingri Prawns, Mutton Biryani, Mutton Curry, Baigan Bharta, Sushi|
|Favourite Actress||Madhuri Dixit|
|Favourite Actors||Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan, Nana Patekar|
|Favourite Musicians||Kishore Kumar, Sachin Dev Burman, Bappi Lahiri, Dire Straits|
|Favourite Films||Bollywood: Sholay
Hollywood: Coming To America
|Favourite Song||"Yaad aa raha hai tera pyar" by Bappi Lahiri|
|Favourite Hotel||Park Royal Darling, Sydney|
|Favourite Restaurant||Bukhara, Maurya Sheraton, in Delhi|
|Favourite Perfume||Comme des Garcons|
|Favourite Sports||Cricket, Lawn Tennis, Formula 1|
|Favourite Tennis Players||John McEnroe & Roger Federer|
|Favourite Destinations||New Zealand, Mussorie|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Anjali Tendulkar (Pediatrician)|
|Children|| Daughter- Sara Tendulkar
Son- Arjun Tendulkar
|Wife||Anjali Tendulkar (Pediatrician)|
|Marriage Date||24 May 1995|
|Car Collection||Nissan GT-R, BMW “30 Jahre M5” Limited Edition, BMW X5 M, BMW X5 M50d, BMW 760Li, BMW i8|
|Net Worth||$150 million|
- Does Sachin Tendulkar smoke?: No
- Does Sachin Tendulkar drink liquor?: Yes Sachin Tendulkar Drinking Alcohol
- He was destined to a notable Marathi author, Ramesh Tendulkar at Nirmal Nursing Home in Dadar, Bombay.
- His mom, Rajni, worked in an Insurance Company.
- He was named after the well known Indian Music Director, SachinDevBurman.
- Sachin has 3 senior kin (2 stepbrothers Nitin and Ajit& a relative Savita). They were from his dad’s first marriage.
- His developmental years were spent in the “SahityaSahawas Cooperative Housing Society” in Bandra (East). SahityaSahawas Cooperative Housing Society
- The youthful Sachin was viewed as a domineering jerk in his neighborhood.
- He built up an enthusiasm for Lawn Tenis and began worshiping John McEnroe. Sachin Playing Lawn Tennis
- It was Sachin’s senior sibling, Ajit, who perceived his cricketing capacity and acquainted him with Cricket in 1984. He conveyed Sachin to RamakantAchrekar at Shivaji Park in Dadar, Bombay (now in Mumbai).
- In the wake of being inspired with Sachin, Achrekar exhorted him to move his tutoring to SharadashramVidyamandir (English) High School in Dadar. Sachin moved to his close relative’s home in Dadar, as it was closer to the school. SharadashramVidyamandir (English) High School in Dadar
- He began honing hard at the Shivaji Park, and amid the net practice, Achrekar used to put a coin on the center stump and offer the bowlers that he would give that coin to the bowler who might get the wicket of Sachin.
- At SharadashramVidyamandir, he scored 329 out of a world-record remain of 664 alongside VinodKambli.
- Before long, he turned into an instance of the youngster wonder at his school.
- He turned into a decent companion of VinodKambli at SharadashramVidyamandir. Sachin and Kambli
- His sister, Savita, talented his initially bat in his life.
- He at first needed to wind up plainly a quick bowler, be that as it may; when he went to the MRF Pace Foundation, Australian quick bowler Dennis Lillee exhorted him to concentrate on his batting.
- At 17 years old, he met his significant other Anjali out of the blue at the Mumbai airplane terminal and wedded to her 5 years after the fact.
- He is the co-proprietor of the Kochi ISL group in the Indian Super League Football League in India with PVP Ventures possessed by Prasad V Potluri. Kerala Blasters
- He made 15 keeps running in his Test Debut and zero (Duck) in his ODI Debut, both Vs Pakistan.
- He adores observing “Ganesh Chaturthi” celebration and thinks about it as the most essential day of the year. SachinGanesha Worship
- Aside from cricket he cherishes different games like Tennis, Football and Formula 1 and is a gigantic fanatic of John McEnroe, Diego Maradona, and Michael Schumacher.
- He possesses an eatery in Colaba, Mumbai called “Tendulkar’s.” SachinRestaurent
- He is the most youthful Indian player ever to highlight in Tests and ODIs, at 16 years old.
- He is the first and the most youthful Indian sportsperson to be granted Bharat Ratna. Sachin Tendulkar with Bharat Ratna
- He is the individual from India’s upper place of parliament (RajyaSabha).
- Recipe 1 legend Michael Schumacher talented him another Ferrari 360 Modena in 2002. Sachin Tendulkar with Michael Schumacher
- He was a ball kid amid the 1987 World Cup semi-finals amongst India and England at Wankhede stadium, Mumbai.
- He is able to use both hands, i.e. he bats and bowls with his correct hand yet composes with his left hand.
- In 2003, he showed up in a Bollywood film called “Puzzled.”
- The 1998 Sharjah Tournament is thought to be his best competition as he without any assistance helped India achieve the finals and furthermore made a critical commitment assisting India developing successful. Sachin Tendulkar at Sharjah
- On 24 February 2010, he turned into the main Cricketer to score a twofold hundred of every an ODI. He set this benchmark against South Africa at Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh, India.
- In 2008, his wax statue was raised in London’s Madame Tussauds. Sachin Tendulkar Madame Tussads
- He has his own particular customized unit in which he conveys an artistic creation of Tri-shading (Indian National banner) by his girl Sara. Sachin Tendulkar with his Kit
- His upper-slice to ShoaibAkhtar for 6 amid the 2003 World Cup is viewed as his epic shot ever by his fans. Sachin Epic Shot
- Sachin has a magnum heart and consistently he supports 200 underprivileged kids through Apnalaya, a Mumbai-based NGO related with his relative, Annabel Mehta.