Some Lesser Known Facts About Lionel Messi
|Nickname||Leo, Atomic Flea, La Pulga, La Pulga Atomica, Messidona|
|Real Name||Lionel Andrés Messi|
|Profession||Argentine Professional Footballer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 67 kg
in Pounds- 148 lbs
|Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Career Turning Point||In 2007, he scored a hat-trick vs Real Madrid and ended the match with a draw while playing for Barcelona.|
|Professional Debut||4 August, 2004 against Hungary|
|Records (main ones)||• Youngest two-time and three-time FIFA Ballon d'Or winner (23 and 24 years old).
• Most UEFA Best Player in Europe awards (2009, 2011, 2015).
• Most La Liga Best Player awards, six times (2009-2013, 2015).
• Top goalscorer for country and club in a calendar year (91 goals in 2012)
• Top goalscorer in La Liga (312 goals).
• Top goalscorer in the FIFA Club World Cup (shared with Luis Suárez and César Delgado).
• Most hat-tricks scored in a La Liga season (8 in 2011-2012, shared with Cristiano Ronaldo).
• Only player to score consecutively against all opposition teams in La Liga (19 matches, 30 goals in 2012–13).
• Only player to have won FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball more than one.
• In 2013, became the youngest player to score 200 goals in La Liga.
• Only top-scorer in five UEFA Champions League seasons (2008–09 to 2011–12, 2014–15).
• Record of most hat-tricks in the UEFA Champions League, five times.
• Youngest player to make 100 appearances in the UEFA Champions League: 28 years, 84 days in 2015).
• All time top-goalscorer of Argentina.
|Coach/Mentor||Salvador Aparicio, Frank Rijkaard, Pep Guardiola|
|Age (as in 2017)||30 Years|
|Date of Birth||24 June 1987|
|Birth Place||Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina|
|Controversies||• In 2013, he was investigated for his suspected tax evasion.
• In 2016, his name appeared in the Panama Papers Data Leak.
|Hobbies||Workout, Video Game, Music|
|Family||Father- Jorge Horácio Messi
Mother- Celia María Cuccittini
Lionel Messi with his parents
Brothers- Matias Messi, Rodrigo Messi
Lionel Messi with his brothers
Sister- Maria Sol Messi
|Favorite Food||Salad, Escalope Milanese|
|Favorite Film||Baby's Day Out|
|Favorite Footballer||Pablo Aimar|
|Favorite Book||El Martin Fierro by Jorge Luis Borges|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Antonella Roccuzzo, Model|
|Marriage Date||30 June 2017|
Son- Thiago Messi (Born November 2, 2012)
|Net Worth||$4000 million|
|Salary||$1.5 million/game (approximately)|
- Can Lionel Messi smoke? : Yes
- Can Lionel Messi beverage alcohol? : Yes
- He had a passion for sport at an early age and united a Local club Grandoli in age 4, at which he was trained by his dad.
- Messi was heavily affected by his grandma’s departure as It was who followed him to matches and training from his earliest days also to to present her tribute, Messi has celebrated his own intentions by looking up and pointing into the skies.
- Messi shares his birthplace with Che Guevara.
- Messi along with his girlfriend AntonellaRoccuzzo are youth friends.
- He had been diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency, when He had been 10 years old.
- On 16 November, 2003, he made his first team debut, in 16 Years, 4 months and 23 days old, when he arrived in the 75th minute through a friendly against José Mourinho’s Porto.
- After viewing Messi playing at Age 16, Ronaldinho Told his teammates who Messi would turn into a much better player than himself.
- Messi retains passports for both Spain and Argentina and Even after spending a while in Spain, he turned the offer down to play with all the Spanish national team.
- CarlesRexach (Barcelona Coach) was so impressed with Messi that he wished to sign him up without wasting any moment, therefore that he signed a contract with Messi on a Napkin Paper as in the time only which was exactly what Messi had.
- In 2005, he made his first Global debut against Hungary an that too just for 47 seconds because he had been shown a Red Card.
- Spanish Media calls him La Pulga (“The Atomic Flea”) Since he’s lower centre of gravity due to his short stature, which provides him higher agility, letting him change directions faster.
- On his calf, he’s got a tattoo of the son’s name and hand-prints.
- He’s the only participant who runs faster with the ball compared to He does with no.
- He’s predominantly a left-footed participant.
- Messi is regarded as the very best dribbler in the entire world.
- Messi has been contrasted to Diego Maradona, during his career.
- He does not sing the National Anthem of Argentina.
- In 2015-16, Forbes magazine listed him planet’s second Highest-paid athlete (later Cristiano Ronaldo).
- In March 2013, a solid gold replica of the left foot Weighing 55 pounds, went on sale in Japan to increase funds for 2011 tsunami and earthquake victims.
- Filmmaker Álex de la Iglesia created a documentary “Messi” About his own life, which was established at the Venice Film Festival in August, 2014.
- During his career, he’s been involved with Charitable activities and has since served as UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador since his appointment in March 2010.
- He also established his own charitable organization “Leo Messi Foundation” which promotes education, sports and health for kids.
- On 26 June 2016, at the Copa America Final, Argentina Lost to Chile later Messi missed a penalty in closing shootout, he declared his retirement from international football.