Some Lesser Known Facts about Anna Hazare
|Real Name||Kisan Baburao Hazare|
|Profession||Indian social activist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Weight||in Kilograms- 58 kg
in Pounds- 128 lbs
|Height||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|Age (as in 2017)||80 Years|
|Date of Birth||15 June 1937|
|Birth Place||Bhingar, Bombay Province, British India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Ralegan Siddhi, Maharashtra|
|Family||Father- Baburao Hazare
Mother- Laxmibai Hazare
Brothers- Maruti Hazare & 3 more
|Address||Village Ralegan Siddhi, Parner,
Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, India
|Hobbies||Doing Yoga, Reading|
|Educational Qualifications||Upto 7th Grade|
|Controversies||• He has been criticized for being an agent of RSS (a right-wing Hindu body).
• He has been criticized for acting as proxy for political parties.
• In an Inquiry Commission by the Maharashtra Government, his trust- Hind Swaraj Trust was found to spend 220000 INR on his birthday celebrations.
• He has also been accused of being anti-democratic and anti-dalit by Ramchandra Guha in an article written in Kolkata Telegraph.
• He has also been accused of being anti-Muslim by Arundhati Roy.
|Favourite Leader||Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, Swami Vivekananda|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
- Does Anna Hazare Smoke?: No
- Does Anna Hazare Drink Alcohol?: No
- He was conceived in Bhingar close Ahmednagar area of Maharashtra and was the eldest child of Laxmi Bai and Baburao Hazare.
- His dad, Baburao Hazare, was an untalented worker in an Ayurveda Ashram Pharmacy.
- He was conceived as Kisan Baburao Hazare and later he received the name Anna which implies father or senior sibling in Marathi.
- His family was exceptionally poor and a relative endeavored to help him in his training, be that as it may, he couldn’t proceed with his examinations after the seventh grade.
- He began pitching blossoms to make a decent living at the Dadar Railway Station in Mumbai and furthermore claimed 2 bloom shops in the city.
- After the Indo-Pak war of 1962, he joined the Indian Army in 1963 and filled in as a Truck Driver. Anna Hazare in Indian Army
- Amid the Indo-Pak war of 1965, he survived a bomb-assault in which every one of his partners were martyred.
- On occasion, he used to be disappointed and even mulled over suicide, be that as it may, a motivation came at the New Delhi railroad station, where he went over a book of Swami Vivekananda-he was enlivened by the photo on the front of the book. The book propelled him to seek after his life for the advancement of the humanity.
- After his 15 year benefit in the Indian Army, he selected deliberate retirement and came back to the place where he grew up Ralegan Siddhi.
- With his vigilantism and activism, he changed his town Ralegan Siddhi from a poor and dry spell ridden town into a model town.
- He additionally relinquished the alcohol sanctums in his town by propelling a development against them with the assistance of young people and neighborhood villagers.
- He made a nearby sanctuary in his town as the point of convergence of his activism and in 1980; he began a Grain-Bank at the sanctuary giving sustenance security to the poor agriculturists amid the seasons of dry season.
- In 1990, he was respected with Padma Shri by the Government of India.
- In 1991, he propelled a development to battle against debasement Bhrashtachar Virodhi Jan Andolan (BVJA) in Ralegan Siddhi.
- In 1992, he was respected with Padma Bhushan by the Government of India.
- He began quick unto demise for the first run through on 9 August 2003 for the defilement accusations against 4 NCP Ministers of the Congress-NCP Government.
- He propelled a development in Maharashtra in the mid 2000 which constrained the Maharashtra Government ordering an amended rendition of Maharashtra Right to Information Act and this demonstration later turned into the plan for the Right to Information Act 2005 (RTI) established by the Government of India.
- He went to the National Media consideration on 20 August 2011, when he started an inconclusive quick at Jantar Mantar in Delhi to pass the Lokpal and Lokayuktas charge by the Government of India. A substantial number of individuals joined his development including, Prashant Bhushan, Arvind Kejriwal, Kiran Bedi, and so forth. Anna Hazare quick unto passing at Jantar Mantar 2011
- His supporters began a crusade Main Anna Hazare Hoon (I am Anna Hazare) like We Are All Khaled Said battle from the Egyptian uprising.
- His supporters likewise propelled a topi scrambled with Main Anna Hoon (I am Anna) which turned out to be just about a design explanation. Anna Hazare Hoon
- A Marathi dialect film-Mala Anna Vahaychay (I need to wind up Anna) depends on his life in which Arun Nalawade has assumed the part of Anna Hazare. Anna Marathi film