Some Lesser Known Facts About Mulayam Singh Yadav
|Real Name||Mulayam Singh Yadav|
|Political Journey||• In 1967, he was elected Member of Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh.
• In 1977, he became a State Minister for the 1st time.
• He became President of Lok Dal in 1980.
• He held the post of Leader of Opposition in the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council from 1982 to 1985.
• In 1989, he became the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for the 1st time.
• In 1990, he joined Chandra Shekhar's party Janata Dal (Socialist).
• In 1992, he founded Samajwadi Party (Socialist).
• In 1993, he became Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for the 2nd time.
• In 1996, he was elected to the 11th Lok Sabha from Mainpuri.
• In 1999, he became India's Defence Minister in the United Front Coalition Government.
• In 1998, he was elected again to the Lok Sabha.
• He contested from two seats- Sambhal & Kannauj in the 1999 Lok Sabha Elections and won both the seats.
• In September 2003, he became Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for the 3rd time.
• In 2004, he won Gunnaur assembly seat in a by election with a victory margin of 183,899, which is a record so-far.
• In 2004, he won Lok Sabha election from Mainpuri.
• In 2014, he contested 16th Lok Sabha from 2 seats- Azamgarh & Mainpuri and won both the seats.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Weight||in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Height||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 3”
|Age (as in 2016)||77 Years|
|Date of Birth||22 November 1939|
|Birth Place||Saifai, Etawah district, Uttar Pradesh|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Educational Qualifications||M.A. (Political Science)|
|Hometown||Etawah, Uttar Pradesh|
|College||K.K. College, Etawah, Uttar Pradesh
A.K. College, Shikohabad, Uttar Pradesh
B.R. College, Agra University, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
|Hobbies||Wrestling, Reading, Listening to Music, Watching Folk-Dances|
|Family||Father- Late Sughar Singh
Mother- Murti Devi
Brother- Shiv Pal Singh Yadav
r Shivpal Yadav
Ram Gopal Yadav
Ram Gopal Yadav
Abhay Ram Singh Yadav, Rajpal Singh
Sister- Kamla Devi Yadav
26001, Uttar Pradesh
|Debut||In 1967, when he was elected Member of Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh.|
|Controversies||• Following the 2012 Delhi Gang Rape incident, he delivered a controversial statement in which he said- "Boys will be boys. Boys commit mistakes".
• In another rape case, he again delivered a controversial statement to which UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon responded- "We say no to the dismissive, destructive attitude of, 'Boys will be boys."
• In 2014, he was criticized for organizing a festive program following riots in Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh.
• In 2015, Judicial Magistrate of Kulpahar court in Uttar Pradesh summonsed him for his remark in which he said that gang-rapes are impractical.
|Favourite Politician||Ram Manohar Lohia|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Malti Devi, Former wife (married ?-2003)
Sadhana Gupta (Present)
|Children||Sons- Akhilesh Yadav (Politician)
Prateek Yadav (Businessman)
|Net Worth (approx.)||15 crore INR (as in 2014)|
- Does Mulayam Singh Yadav smoke?: Not Known
- Does Mulayam Singh Yadav drink liquor?: Not Known
- He was conceived in Saifai Village of Etawah area in Uttar Pradesh.
- Before coming into the legislative issues, he filled in as an instructor.
- Mulayam Singh is a prepared wrestler.
- He has a few degrees-a B.A. Degree, B.T. what’s more, M.A. Degree in Political Science.
- He was impacted and enlivened by the communist belief system and contemplations of Dr. Slam Manohar Lohia.
- He joined legislative issues subsequent to coming into close contacts with Karpoori Thakur, Sarvashri Madhu Limaye, Raj Narayan, Ram Sewak Yadav and Janeshwar Mishra.
- He has been imprisoned 9 times up until now.
- He was the Student Union Leader at the K.K. School, Etawah.
- At an early age, he rose to high political positions.
- He established Samajwadi Party on 4 October 1992.
- He has close relations with a portion of the well known Bollywood identities including Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjay Dutt, Jaya Prada, and so on. He likewise made Amitabh Bachchan the Brand Ambassador of Uttar Pradesh amid his administration. Amitabh Bachchan as brand minister of Samajwadi party
- He filled in as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh 3 times-(1989-1991, 1993-1995 and 2003-2007).
- Mulayam Singh Yadav holds the record of winning every one of the races he has challenged up until this point.
- In 2012, his life story The Socialist: The Definitive Biography of Mulayam Sing Yadav by Frank Huzur was distributed.