Some Lesser Known Facts About Yogi Adityanath
|Real Name||Ajay Singh Bisht, Mahanth Yogi Adityanath|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Profession||Indian Politician, Religious Missionary|
|Political Journey||• In 1996, he 1996, he became the in-charge of managing the election campaign for Mahant Avaidyanath.
• In 1998, he started his political career by becoming the youngest MP (Gorakhpur) to be elected to the 12th Lok Sabha at the age of 26.Since then, he has been elected as an MP from Gorakhpur to the Lok Sabha in 1998, 1999, 2004, 2009, and 2014.
• From 1998 to 1999 he worked in departments like Committee on Food, Civil Supplies, Public Distribution and its Sub-Committee-B on Department of Sugar and Edible Oils; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Home Affairs.
• From 1999 to 2000, he was re-elected to 13th Lok Sabha (2nd term), where he worked in Committee on Food, Civil Supplies and Public Distribution; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Home Affairs.
• In 2004, he was re-elected to 14th Lok Sabha (3rd term), where he worked in Committee on Government Assurances; Member, Committee on External Affairs; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Home Affairs.
• In 2009, he was re-elected to 15th Lok Sabha (4th term), where he worked in Committee on Transport, Tourism and Culture.
• In 2014, he was re-elected to the 16th Lok Sabha (5th term) from Gorakhpur constituency.
• On 19 March 2017, he became the 21st Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 72 kg
in Pounds- 158 lbs
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|Age (as in 2017)||45 Years|
|Date of Birth||5 June 1972|
|Birth Place||Panchur, Distt. Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Religion||Hinduism (Nath Sampradayey)|
|Hometown||Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics (B.Sc.)|
|College||Garhwal University, Srinagar, Uttarakhand|
|School||A primary school in Pauri, Uttarakhand|
|Debut||In 1998, when he became an MP for the first time.|
|Family||Father- Anand Singh Bisht (Forest Ranger)
Mother- Savitri Devi (Homemaker)
Brother- Mahendra Singh Bisht (Indian Army), 2 more (Both work in a college)
Sister- Shashi (Elder), 2 more
|Spiritual Guru||Mahant Avaidyanath Maharaj|
|Address||R/O 361 Old Gorakhpur, PS & PO Gorakhpur, Tehsil Sadar Bajar, Dist. Gorakhpur|
|Hobbies||Swimming, playing badminton, feeding animals|
|Controversies||• Yogi has been in controversies for the conversion of other religious people to Hinduism. In 2005, Adityanath allegedly led a purification drive which incorporated the conversion of Christians to Hinduism. In one such instance, 1,800 Christians were reportedly converted to Hinduism in the town of Etah in Uttar Pradesh.
• In January 2007, a falling out occurred amidst a Hindu group and Muslims during a Muharram procession in Gorakhpur which led to the hospitalization of a young Hindu, Raj Kumar Agrahari. Later he was arrested for his provocative speech, which led to the Gorakhpur riots.
• In 2015, Yogi declared that those who oppose Surya Namaskar, part of Yog, can leave India. He stated - My humble request to those who see communalism in even Sun God would be to drown themselves in the sea or live in a dark room for the rest of their lives.
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Favourite Food||Gahad (a variety of pulse grown in the hills)|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Unmarried (Celibate)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||70 Lakh (INR)|
- Does Yogi Adityanath smoke?: Not Known
- Does Yogi Adityanath drink liquor?: Not Known
- Yogi went out at 21 years old and was effectively connected with the Ram Temple development in the 90s. Yogi Adityanath in more youthful days
- He met, Mahant Avaidyanath, of Goraknath Temple in Rishikesh, later turned into his supporter and settled in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, in 1994, 22-year-old. He at that point changed his name from Ajay to Yogi Adityanath.
- Yogi’s political excursion started in 1996 when he was named responsible for dealing with the race crusade for Mahant Avaidyanath.
- He was chosen as the Member of the twelfth Lok Sabha in 1998 from Gorakhpur body electorate. He was the most youthful Member of the Lok Sabha. So far he has been MP for a similar voting demographic five times.
- In 2014 Lok Sabha Elections, Yogi won the decisions by an edge of 1, 42,309 votes. Adityanath Yogi is a significant mainstream lawmaker of his body electorate.
- Yogi’s antecedent and profound pioneer, Mahant Avaidyanath, was the President of Hindu Maha Sabha. Them two kept Hindutva plan at the front line of their race battle. His main purpose for existing is to change over different religious gatherings back to Hinduism. He is the successor to previous Hindu Mahasabha president Mahant Avaidyanath at the Gorakhpur sanctuary. Yogi Adityanath performing aarti in Gorakhnath Temple in Gorakhpur
- Yogi is the organizer of the Hindu Yuva Vahini. It is a social, social and patriot gathering of youngsters and is exceptionally well known among Hindus of Eastern Uttar Pradesh. Hindu Yuva Vahini
- In March 2010, Adityanath was one of a few BJP MPs who did not stick to the gathering whip on the Women’s reservation charge.
- Throughout the years, he has developed as the torch Hindutva face of BJP with his provocative talks.
- Regardless of his unmistakable quality in the gathering, he has never been on great terms with the BJP. He has hosted a stressed connection with the get-together for over 10 years. In 2007 UP Elections, BJP and Yogi were at strife.
- Yogi is a creature sweetheart. Yogi Adityanath cherish for creatures
- On 19 March 2017, he turned into the 21st Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.