Some Lesser Known Facts About L. K. Advani
|Real Name||Lal Krishna Advani|
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Biggest Rival||Not Known|
|Political Journey||• Advani joined RSS at a very young age and soon became a full-time worker there. He had Rajasthan from Karachi after the partition.
• In 1955, Advani got him linked with Bhartiya Jana Sangh, an Indian nationalist political party which was founded by Shri Shyama Prasad Mookerjee and in 1951 and lasted till 1977.
• Advani was a Rajya Sabha member from Delhi for a period of 6 years (1970-76).
• It was in 1973 when Advani after serving various positions in the party was made it's President.
• He then became a Rajya Sabha member from Gujarat in 1976 and completed his tenure of six years in 1982.
• Jan Sangh and some other political parties merged into Janata Party after the Emergency. Advani contested Lok Sabha elections in 1977 from Janata Party.
• Some former members of Jana Sangh left Janata Party and raised a new political party; BJP, for which Advani played a vital role and represented the party in Rajya Sabha from Madhya Pradesh which began in 1982 and held the position for two consecutive terms.
• He was then made the President of BJP in 1986 and continued onto the position till 1991.
• In 1989, he became the Lok Sabha member, the time when Indian National Congress had to hold the hands of BJP which held 86 seats to form the government.
• Advani again became the Lok Sabha member in 1991 where the general elections gave BJP a boost and got them the second highest number of seats following Congress.
• He was again elected as the BJP President in 1993 and he held the post till 1998.
• L K Advani was sworn in as Union Home Minister in 1998 but could not continue to be one as the government dissolved in just 13 months.
• In 1999 he again became the Home Minister of India and this time government did last for 5 years. This was the first time that a non-congress government completed the whole term.
• From 2002 to 2004, he served as the Deputy Prime Minister of India.
• He was re-elected to the Lak Sabha in 2004 but this time as an opposition one.
• In 2009, he became a Lok Sabha member for the sixth time.
• Advani became the member of Joint Parliamentary Committee on Maintenance of Heritage Character and Development of Parliament House Complex in December 2009.
• To almost everyone's surprise, he resigned from each and every post he held in 2013.
• He was again elected as a Lok Sabha member in 2014.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Hair Colour||White (Semi Bald)|
|Age (as in 2016)||89 Years|
|Date of Birth||8 November 1927|
|Birth Place||Karachi, Bombay Presidency, British India (now Sindh, Pakistan)|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Family||Father- Late Kishnchand D Advani
Mother- Gyani Devi
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Address||30 Prithviraj Road, New Delhi|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Practising Yoga, Reading, Watching Movies|
|Educational Qualifications||Undergraduate in Law|
|College||D G National College, Hyderabad, Sindh
Government Law College, Mumbai
|School||Saint Patrick's High School, Karachi|
|Controversies||Advani in 1996 had to resign as a Lok Sabha after he was alleged in the Jain Hawala Diaries. He was reported to have received money from them.
|Debut||Advani became an RSS member and began his political career in 1951 with Bhartiya Jana Sangh.|
|Favourite Beverage||Starbucks Coffee|
|Favourite Politician||Syama Prasad Mukherjee, Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Favourite Leader||Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, Swami Vivekananda|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Late Kamla Advani|
|Children||Son- Jayant Advani
Daughter- Pratibha Advani (Indian talk show host)
|Salary||INR 2.5 Lakh|
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 7 Cor (as of 2014)|
- Does L. K. Advani smoke: Not Known
- Does L. K. Advani drink liquor: Not Known
- Advani turned into an individual from RSS in 1942 and began educating at Model High School, Karachi in 1944.
- Advani gave BJP the stature it should have been considered among the national ones. At the point when in 1986, he was named as the gathering president, he needed to confront a great deal of issues as they simply had 2 of their pioneers as Lok Sabha individuals as the Congress party cleared each piece in the general decisions after the death of Indira Gandhi.
- As of January 2017, L. K. Advani has embraced 6 yatras the nation over. In 1990, Advani began his first yatra on the issue of Ram Temple in Ayodhya. This was named Ram Rath Yatra. The yatra paid some swing in the 1991 general races.
- He had the hardest time as a Union Home Minister as India was confronting various aggravations because of the pressures amongst India and Pakistan.
- He finished 7872 km of going in only 33 days in a small scale transport crosswise over India however did not get worn out. He says strolling is the mystery of his wellness. He goes for a hour each morning without feeling any strain.
- L. K. Advani was presented Padma Vibhushan, second most elevated non military personnel respect in India in 2015.
- His collection of memoirs My Country My Life which was distributed by the previous President Abdul Kalam in 2008 has a record offer of more than 1 Million (10 lakh) duplicates.