Some Lesser Known Facts about Rajnath Singh
|Real Name||Rajnath Singh|
|Political Journey||• In 1974, he was appointed secretary of Bhartiya Jana Sangh for the Mirzapur Unit in Uttar Pradesh.
• In 1975, he was appointed district president of the Jana Sangh.
• In 1977, he became M.L.A. from Mirzapur constituency.
• In 1984, became the State President of the BJP Youth Wing.
• In 1986, became the National General Secretary of the BJP Youth Wing.
• In 1988, became the National President of the BJP Youth Wing.
• In 1988, became a member of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council.
• In 1991, became Education Minister in the Uttar Pradesh Government.
• In 1994, became a member of the Rajya Sabha.
• On 25 March 1997, became the State President of Uttar Pradesh BJP.
• On 22 November 1999, became the Union Surface Transport Minister in Atal Bihari Vajpayee's Government.
• On 28 October 2000, became the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
• In 2002, became the National General Secretary of BJP.
• On 24 May 2003, became Union Minister of Agriculture & subsequently for Food Processing.
• In July 2004, he was appointed National General Secretary of BJP again.
• On 31 December 2005, became the National President of BJP.
• In May 2009, he was elected M.P. from Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh.
• In May 2014, he was elected M.P. from Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh.
• On 26 May 2014, became Union Minister for Home Affairs in the Government of India.
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 74 kg
in Pounds- 163 lbs
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Hair Colour||Black (semi-bald)|
|Age (as in 2017)||66 Years|
|Date of Birth||10 July 1951|
|Birth Place||Bhabhaura, Chandauli district, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Family||Father- Rambadan Singh
Mother- Gujarati Devi
17, Akbar Road,
New Delhi, India – 110 011.
|Hometown||Chandauli district, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Educational Qualifications||MSc Physics from Gorakhapur University, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||Gorakhapur University, Uttar Pradesh|
|Debut||In 1974, when he was appointed secretary of Bhartiya Jan Sangh for the Mirzapur unit in Uttar Pradesh|
|Favourite Politician||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Savitri Singh (married 1971)|
|Children||Sons- Pankaj Singh (politician),
Daughter- Anamika Singh
|Salary||1.5 Lakh INR/Month|
|Net Worth (approx.)||2.5 Crore INR (as in 2014)|
- Does Rajnath Singh Smoke?: No
- Does Rajnath Singh Drink Alcohol?: No
- He was conceived in a rancher’s family at a town Babhora in the Chandauli area of Uttar Pradesh.
- At 13 years old in 1964, he joined Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
- He was a dynamic RSS specialist and a splendid understudy since his adolescence.
- Subsequent to finishing his Post Graduation, he acted as a speaker of Physics at the K.B. Post-Graduate College Mirzapur in Uttar Pradesh.
- From 1969 to 1971, he was hierarchical Secretary of ABVP Gorakhpur Division.
- In 1975, he was the locale organizer amid the JP Movement.
- Amid the political emergency in 1997, he assumed a key part to spare the BJP drove government twice.
- As a Union Surface Transport Minister in 1999, he started the National Highway Development Program (NHDP)- a fantasy task of Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- As a Union Minister of Agriculture, he started a couple of respectable activities like Farm Income Insurance Scheme and Kisan Call Center.
- In 2003, he secured the whole length and broadness of India as BJP President.
- He is a fervent adherent of Hindi dialect.