Some Lesser Known Facts About Mehbooba Mufti
|Nickname||"Daddy's Girl" (in Kashmir)|
|Full Name||Mehbooba Mufti Sayeed|
|Political Party||Jammu and Kashmir People's Democratic Party|
|Biggest Rival||Omar Abdullah|
|Political Journey||1996: Became an MLA from Bijbehara on an Indian National Congress ticket.
1999: Became Vice-President of the Jammu and Kashmir Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). The same year she contested the parliamentary elections from Srinagar, where she lost to the sitting member Omar Abdullah.
2002: She again became an M.L.A. from Pahalgam, defeating Rafi Ahmed Mir.
2004: She was elected a Member of Parliament from Anantnag.
2014: She was again elected a Member of Parliament from Anantnag.
2016: On 4 April, she became the 1st woman Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in feet inches- 5’ 3”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Age (as in 2017)||58 Years|
|Date of Birth||22 May 1959|
|Birth Place||Bijbehara, Jammu and Kashmir, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Anantnag, J&K, India|
|Family||Father- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed (Politician)
Mehbooba Mufti With Her Father
Mother- Gulshan Ara (Politician)
Mehbooba Mufti With Her Mother
Brother- Mufti Tasaduq Sayeed (Cinematographer)
Mehbooba Mufti With Her Brother
Sister- Rubaiyya Sayeed
|Address||Fair View Gupkar Road, Srinagar- 3, Anantnag, J&K, India|
|Educational Qualification||B.A. from the University of Kashmir
LLB from the University of Kashmir
|College/University||The University of Kashmir|
|Debut||In 1996, when she was elected a Member of Legislative Assembly of J&K|
|Controversies|| In 2016, she invited a controversy when she decided to approve compensation for Khalid Muzaffar Wani’s family. Khalid was the brother of slain Hizbul Mujahideen militant Burhan Wani who was killed by the security forces on 8 July 2016. She said, “Militant Aur Militant Ki Family Mein Hume Farq Karna Padega, Unko Ek hi Nazar Se Nahin Dekh Sakte (We have to differentiate between militants, and their families. (We) cannot look at both in the same manner).” Mufti's statement was condemned by a majority of political parties including the BJP and the Congress.
• In July 2016, she again fell prey to a controversy by making a statement inside the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly; in which she quoted, "they [Kashmiri Pandits] can’t return to their original homes in the current atmosphere." She likened their homecoming to "throwing pigeons among the cats." Mufti drew a lot of flak from various quarters, for this erroneous "pigeon-cat" analogy.
|Hobbies||Reading, Writing, Travelling|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband/Spouse||Javed Iqbal Shah (animal rights activist)|
|Marriage Date||Year 1984|
Daughters- Irtiqa Iqbal (Indian Foreign Service Officer), Iltija Iqbal (Works in Film Industry)
|Net Worth||50 lakh INR (as in 2014)|
|Salary (as J&K Chief Minister)||2.5 lakh INR (as in 2017)|
- Does Mehbooba Mufti smoke?: No
- Does Mehbooba Mufti drink liquor?: No
- She was conceived in a rich Kashmiri Saeed family in Akhran Nowpora, J&K.
- She has been a splendid understudy and was the topper of her school.
- At first, Mehbooba had no enthusiasm for governmental issues. Be that as it may, she came to spotlight after the hijacking of her sister, Rubiya Saeed in 1989. Around then, her dad, Mufti Mohammad Sayeed was named the Union Home Minister in the V. P. Singh Government. She ended up noticeably renowned in media around then since she was giving loads of meetings to media staff.
- Her sister was discharged when, after a chaotic dramatization for a couple of days, 5 psychological militants were discharged in return of Rubiya. Mufti Mohammad Sayeed With Rubiya After Her Release
- It was in 1996 that she effectively engaged with the legislative issues. Her dad had joined the Congress and Congress gave her a ticket to battle Assembly decision from Bijbehara, which she won easily.
- In any case, after 3 years, Mufti Mohammed Saeed quit the Congress and shaped his own gathering PDP. He named Mehbooba the Vice President of the gathering.
- Mehbooba’s mom is likewise a government official and had challenged the 1996 J&K Assembly decisions. In any case, she had lost that race.
- Her sibling, Mufti Tasaduq Sayeed, has no enthusiasm for the governmental issues and is filling in as Cinematographer. His work was acknowledged in Vishal Bhardwaj’s movies Omkara and Kaminey.
- Mehbooba despises a fruitful marriage life as she is a divorced person. She has 2 little girls, Irtiqa Iqbal and Iltija Iqbal. Irtiqa works in London at the Indian High Commission while Iltija is associated with the Indian Film Industry.