Some Lesser Known Facts About Shriya Saran
|Real Name||Shriya Pushpendra Saran|
|Famous Role||Nandini Salgaonkar in film Drishyam (2015)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Weight||in Kilograms- 54 kg
in Pounds- 119 lbs
|Height||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Age (as in 2017)||35 Years|
|Date of Birth||11 September 1982|
|Birth Place||Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Family||Father- Pushpendra Saran (Worked at Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL))
Mother- Neerja Saran (Chemistry Teacher)
Brother- Abhiroop Saran (Works in FCB Ulka Advertising Ltd, Mumbai)
|Hometown||Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India|
|Education Qualifications||Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Literature|
|School||Delhi Public School, Ranipur, Haridwar
Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, New Delhi
|College||Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi|
|Film Debut||Telugu: Ishtam (2001)
Bollywood: Tujhe Meri Kasam (2003)
Tamil: Enakku 20 Unakku 18 (2003)
Kannada: Arasu (2007)
Hollywood: The Other End of the Line (2008)
Malayalam: Pokkiri Raja (2010)
|Controversies||In January 2008, a Hindu organisation in Chennai filed a police complaint against Shriya, objecting to the outfit worn by her during the 175th day celebration of the film Sivaji. The Hindu Makkal Katchi (HMK) alleged in a complaint that Shriya's outfit had offended Hindu culture.|
|Favourite Color||Black, red|
|Favourite Actresses||Madhubala, Madhuri Dixit|
|Favourite Actors||Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Rajinikanth|
|Favourite Food||Chapati, curry|
|Favourite Writer||William Dalrymple|
|Favorite Book||Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
- Can Shriya Saran smoke? : Not known
- Can Shriya Saran beverage alcohol? : Not known
- Shriya produced her first screen appearance from the Renoo Nathan’s debut album YehYaarana by incorporating in the tune ThiraktiKyunHawa.
- She subsequently acquired a breakthrough role in 2001 at the Telugu Movie Ishtam, wherein she played the lead character of Neha.
- She’s worked in Various languages like Hindi, English, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Kannada.
- She’s a trained Kathak dancer and has heard the ability from famous Kathak dancer- ShovanaNarayan.shovana-narayan
- In 2003, she hosted the 50th Filmfare South Awards together With celebrity R. Madhavan.
- She engaged in Tamil director Mani Ratnam’s point Series Netru, Indru and Naalai.
- She’s featured in a Variety of commercials of hot Brands such as LUX, Head & Shoulders, Saravana Stores, Kalyan, Vvd hair Oil, Parachute Jasmine Hair Oil, etc..
- She had been the first celebrity and also the third star later Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan to provide a lecture to students in the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
- She also gave a lecture to students in 2011 in the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras about the foundation of movies.
- In 2011, she started a spa named Shree Spa at Mumbai that Is conducted by the visually challenged.shree-spa
- She’s a new ambassador for its Naandi base and For the Save A Child’s Heart (SACH) base.
- She was also the brand ambassador of Celebrity Cricket League for the first 2 seasons.
- She won a few awards for the Best Actress, for example South Scope Style Award (2008), Amrita Mathrubhumi Award (2010), ITFA Greatest Actress Award for Rowthiram (2011), TV9 TSR National Award (2015), and Santosham Film Awards (2015).
Furthermore, she was respected by a few popular Awards viz. T. Subbarami Reddy Lalitha Kala Parishath Award for Contributions Into Telugu Cinema at 2010, GR8 Girls’s celebrity in 2014, respectively